Thursday, July 5, 2012

Possessions

I woke up before dawn this morning, and dropped Erin and Ryan off at the airport before heading back to chisago city and my cabin. The sun was coming up over the cornfields as I drove back, the heat building for another scorching day. On the side of the road read a hand painted sign,

"Don't let your possessions possess you."

I've been living out of a suit case for nearly six weeks now. Away from my apartment (www.hotelrhoscho.blogspot.com) that I was so proud of, and all my things that make me feel home. Living out of a suitcase feels strangely gratifying. There's and efficiency and self-sufficiency that fits nicely. It makes me feel like I could get up and go anywhere, with just my little grey rolly bag and a passport.

I'm at the age where nesting sets in big time and there's a strong urge to lay down roots, buy a home and stay put for a while. It's weird to have been given this incredible gift of freedom at this point in my life. But I suppose you can't choose the path your life is going to take.

I might just pack up all my possessions and go wander for a while, and see where fate takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment