Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The journey of yes

I talked way back in April about the idea of the Rules of Improv, and the idea of starting with Yes. I can't believe it's been 3 months since I started this journey and how far Yes has already taken me.

The thing about Yes that's difficult for those of us with control issues is the worry that your life will go off on some helter-skelter tangent that has nothing to do with your goals or wishes. That it will lead to awkward, uncomfortable situations. The funny thing is that my experience has been the opposite. Yes has allowed me to step back a bit and really see what the universe is offering. It's allowed me to accept help from friends and start new friendships. Its allowed me to face my fears and fly in a 2-seater plane! It's hard not to get hippie dippie about this, because it really isn't grounded in logic, but for me pushing through the rational logical flinch has allowed me to connect to someone I think just might be a mentor for me. Which is something I wasn't even looking for or aware I needed.

I don't want to be preachy or bossy, but I hope if you are reading this today that you will say Yes to something that your flinch is saying no to, and see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment