Friday, July 20, 2012

Back home


I'm back in Brooklyn, staying at my place again in what feels like the first time in months. My suitcase is unpacked and Billie seems to remember who I am. When I got home I looked up on the blackboard calendar that's up in my place. We'd reached the end of it's 3 month run, and I just really couldn't believe the huge changes that have taken place in such a short amount of time. It's totally fucking amazing.

Some pretty incredibly exciting stuff has happened in the last couple days. First, I've been trying to keep quiet about this, but I really just can't. So here goes. I'm starting a clog line!!! I know. Crazy, right? It feels a bit silly to start a business when I'm trying to be free and on a creative sabbatical, but I figure I can keep learning and growing while I'm doing this. I sketched this week, which was so awesome and fun and humbling all at the same time. More on that to come!

The second incredible thing that happened this week is that Apartment Therapy reached out to me and wants to feature me and my place on their home tour section. They found me through my entry to their Small and Cool Contest 3 months ago.  They are coming over next week to shoot the place, so it's time for me to clean the house and get my hair cut!!!

So I wiped off the old calendar, writing in the dates and the few appointments I have coming up. And I couldn't help but wonder where the hell I'm going to be 3 months from now.




3 comments:

  1. I seriously love Billy. Welcome back. Can't wait to hear what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a clean house is important for the overall longevity of your home as well as your health. House cleaning is a great way to keep your house well maintained and clean. House Cleaning

    ReplyDelete