Saturday, June 23, 2012

The truth of it


"The only way to feel is to be truthful"

This quote sort of blows me away. I think when you make a big change, there are always going to be ripple effects through your community. I've spent the last month talking to my dearest friends, and it's clear to me that everyone is challenged by facing the truth of their reality. It's different for everyone; be it their jobs, their love life, their kids, going back to school, or their homes. It's hard to stay true to your path, and to face reality as it is, rather than what you think it should be.

I didn't grow up really learning to face reality. In some ways that's been helpful to me. I think all designers are a bit wacko that way- what kind of person wants to alter other people's environments?  But I'm trying really hard right now to see things for what they really are, and be true to my desires, dreams and values.  I don't think you can stay in this open zone for long, it's sort of like starring at the sun. But I do feel like everyone needs to come up for air every once and a while, to look at things with clarity and honesty and see life for what it really is.



No comments:

Post a Comment