Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Tao of Pop Music

I have a dirty little secret: nothing makes me feel more alive than running in the sunshine, listening to fist-pumping pop music. It fills me up with joy, and I have to control the urge to raise my hands in the air and pump them like a raver girl.  This might make me incredibly superficial, or finally prove that I have terrible taste in music, but I don't care. There's something incredible about the soaring operatic highs of a good pop song that makes you feel like you are on top of the world, super-bionic and powerful.

I'm a true believer in self-improvement, therapy and self-analysis. But sometimes, sometimes it seems better to not dig in the dirt. Better not to scratch the scab, and instead let yourself skim across the surface. To do the easy things that make you feel good, like running, pop music, blockbuster movies and sunshine. Sometimes simple is actually better, because there might actually not be an answer and instead it's just how things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment