Thursday, June 21, 2012

To boldly go

I've had some people say to me that I'm 'brave'. I'm not brave. Bravery is battling cancer or standing up against oppression. I'm just dealing with life, and being open about it. It might not be a smart move to be honest on the internet (you never know who's reading), but for whatever reason I don't believe in shame.  I have a fundamental belief that we are more the same than different. That if I have felt these things, you probably have too. So why keep it secret? My life doesn't look like what I thought it would look like when I was 25. But then again, I was a bit of an idiot when I was 25.

Like I said Day 1 of this experiment, I hope that you'll come on this journey with me. At the time, I didn't realize how big of a journey it would be, or how vulnerable I would feel writing about it. But I believe in it, and it feels like a rudder that is helping me steer the course.



No comments:

Post a Comment