Sunday, August 12, 2012

Home sweet home

Kate from apartmenttherapy.com came over this morning to shoot my place. I've been a fan of the website for a long time, and have a habit of pushing their book on any friend who is about to move: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0553383124.

The way the author, maxwell gillingham-Ryan talks about your home is so non-designy. He believes that this is the space that you are going to spend most of your time in, and so it's important for it to make you feel good and be comforting. He's also a pragmatist, which I appreciate. He made to rethink my belief that I was "messy" and helped me design solutions that are user friendly, like putting a landing strip by the door for mail and keys, and having a million hooks everywhere to hang stuff. He also introduced me to the idea that every room could use some good lighting.

So, now my apartment is cleaner than it will ever probably be again, I feel like I should have people over:)





No comments:

Post a Comment