Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The January Blahs



Argghhh.... I've got the January Blahs. The I-feel-gross-achy-fat blahs. The I-don't-know-what-the-fuck-I'm-doing blahs.  I should go for a run. I should do my taxes. I should make a plan for 2013. Instead I seem to be holed up in my apartment eating vegi chilli for the third day in a row while Billie snores loudly next to me. Blah.

In addition to her other talents, my sister is an excellent artist. Last year, she did this blog called doodle every day. Through it, she explored these little creatures she's been drawing for a while.  Milla's really good at capturing those inexplicable body/mind/relating to others discomfort feelings we all experience but don't often talk about. Her little creatures are so visceral and honest and sad, and that makes me happy. Happy to have that human feeling expressed by someone else, to prove that we are all more same than different. Even in our dark, moody places, we recognize each other.

1 comment: