Friday, January 18, 2013

Running up that road

I'm a crap runner. Honestly. I've done 2 triathlons, and finished both with the over-60's. I am S-L-O-W. Training for the events, I discovered a few things about myself, the least of which is that I can be a whiny little brat sometimes. Also, don't drink coffee before going for a long run. Seriously.

Yesterday I was running along the magnificent new park that they are building along the Brooklyn waterfont, and it occurred to me that there are some things about running that are really true for life;

1. Relax, it ain't a race.
2. If you get tired, slow down but don't stop. 
3. Why not take the scenic route?
4. It doesn't really matter how slow you are (however cheesy it sounds) it truly is all about the journey.
5. Everything's better with a good sound track.
6. The beginning always sucks, but half-way through you're going to be loving it.




No comments:

Post a Comment