Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Switching off Auto-Pilot

I'm a pretty straightforward person.  I've never really given much thought to my priorities, other than Try to be nice to everyone.  But if I'm going to really re-align my path, this means working out what's important to me, what inspires me, what is the creative fuel of my imagination. It also means working out what's not worth my time.

I started that process with a small step: unsubscribing. Working in fashion, I was signed up to so many newsletters, catalogs and emails. The thing is, I don't care about what Intermix is saying I must have! or where DailyCandy says I should go on vacation. And the best part is, now I don't have to care. It's not my job.

I spent yesterday ridding my email box of all those messages telling me what I must buy, do and be, and instead researched composting in my neighborhood. There's a whole world out there of people doing interesting worthwhile stuff.

Auto-pilot turned off.


2 comments:

  1. I love it! Composting is rad too. I'll be reading..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny. I am usually two steps behind you. I started researching composting in LA today, too. I can't wait to read what you do next. :)

    ReplyDelete